Thoughts and feelings. Hope you like them.
Read a little. Leave a Comment.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Saying Goodbye: A Scottish Proverb

I had an okay day today. We were up until 2:00 this morning getting back from helping the Work Crew strike the stage. We probably only worked until 1:30, though, if that. And so we were kind of tired this morning. We attended sacrament meeting in town, and it was really good. The speakers consisted of a whole family. The daughter talked about personal progress, the son about Duty to God, the mother about Stripling Warriors and trying to raise some, and the Father talked about tithing. And it was a really good meeting. After that, we had an amazing brunch back at our apartment, courtesy of Mindy Davis, Shanti Rose, and Fr. Thomas Szydlik. We had a fantastic white sauce and chicken pasta with broccoli and sautéed peppers, a summer salad (recipe courtesy of Zion’s Mercantile in town), and a roast with potatoes and carrots. AND THEN, courtesy of Father Szydlik (yes, courtesy of a Catholic Father), we had ‘Mormon Tiramisu,’ which was fantastic. The recipe involves ladyfinger cookies and something lemony...
Anyway, after that, I tried to do some missionary work on my computer (email some people who I filled out referral cards for so I could get their information) and I ended up getting rejected, twice, though politely both times, and felt shattered. I had a very hard time recovering, and felt like I had lost the spirit for several hours, just because of one of the rejections. I’m not exactly sure of the reasons it was so hard for me to stay afloat, as it were. We decided to watch the sunset on the Mississippi River at the end of Parley Street (which was beautiful), and then we drove to the pageant stage and talked about what we had learned from our time in Nauvoo. 3 core cast members, one family cast member, my family and I, and the Father were all there, and we had a good experience talking about what we had learned and feeling the spirit (though I was still devastated and devoid of the spirit, at least, that’s how I felt), and then we decided to go to the other side of the river and look at the temple from there in the evening. We got some great views, and on the way back, I finally opened my mouth and let off some steam and expressed my feelings. After doing so, I felt much better. I feel that I was helped extremely by he people who were in that car, and I only hope I have helped them, somehow. There’s a show put on by the Core Cast, which is basically the plan of salvation smattered with Broadway musical pieces (it’s absolutely amazing). One of the lines from this performance is an old Scottish proverb, which is basically the focus of my post this evening, and which I hope I have been on the giving end of:

“Thee lift me, and I’ll lift thee, and we’ll ascend together.”

I hope I have helped others in their lives and their goals. I know they have lifted me. We will ascend together.

No comments:

Post a Comment