Thoughts and feelings. Hope you like them.
Read a little. Leave a Comment.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

17 Miracles


Yesterday I went and saw T. C. Christensen’s film, “17 Miracles,” in Salt Lake City. It was an amazing film. It’s a representation of the Willie and Martin handcart companies from the perspective of one of its sub-captains, Levi Savage. The film begins with some of Savage’s life before the handcart trek. I think (don’t quote me on this) one of the reasons we have so much information about the company and their journey is that Savage kept detailed journals.
The film focuses on the trek itself, and the miracles that occurred before, during, and after the trek. All of the stories are truly astounding. You should watch the film to see how they’re portrayed (I think they did an amazing job with it). My favorite parts were nearest the conclusion of the film. Roughly paraphrased, Savage says, “There were many times that I would turn back to see who was pushing my cart, and see no one there. It was then that I most realized that angels were assisting us.” It’s something like that. Anyway, that was my favorite scene. You’ll see why when you watch the film.
If I have to be critical, I’ll say that I felt as though the acting might’ve been better (mainly on the part of the children, but I can’t blame them for that), but in the end, the reason I am most impressed with the film is the stories. It’s amazing, all of the miracles that the members of the Willie Martin handcart company were blessed with. You’ll have to go to the film to see all of them. I would definitely recommend it. The acting was definitely talented, and the portrayal was excellent, in my opinion. (For those of you who are living in Idaho (or rather, not in Utah) I don’t think it’s playing anywhere besides Utah at this time. But the link above will lead you to the website, where, under ‘theaters,’ you can find the theaters it is and will be playing in. I hope you enjoy it. I don't want to say much more, because I don't want to give it away. You can see a trailer also at the link provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment